Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Monday










We bought a firetruck/car for Matthew today. We have been wanting to get one but were torn on getting one from a consignment store or from the PX. We decided to go the consignment store route and could find NONE, and I mean NONE, around! Usually I see 10 to 15 of them on my way home from work! How could this be!? Well, we really had our heart set on getting him one so we headed to the PX. He LOVES his new car. It makes sounds and lights up too!

I finally also finished some projects I have been trying to work on for over a week now. A blinged frame for my friend, Amy, who's birthday was on the 23rd and a rotary frame for my FIL who's birthday is on the 30th. Both will go out in the mail tomorrow. YAY!


Ok, now on to my problem. I am really worried that Matthew is hitting his terrible two's and Rich and I are totally unprepared for it. He is screaming in stores if he doesn't get his way, he swings at us if we take something away or tell him no, he doesn't listen ON PURPOSE and throws temper tantrums ALL DAY. Where has my sweet boy gone? I think Rich and I will need to do some reading on what to do about him.

Conversation between Matthew and I earlier:

Mommy: Matthew please don't play with that marker.
Matthew: Mine?
Mommy: No, Matthew, thats Mommy's. We don't play with mommy's scrap stuff.
Matthew: Mine.
Mommy: No, Matthew, please go put it back.

He proceeds to go to my scrapbook room and trade the marker for my camera.

Mommy: We don't play with that either Matthew. Please give it to Mommy.

He looks at the camera, looks at me, looks back at the camera and takes off running. Daddy chases him down, takes the camera, tells him no and he swings at Daddy.

:::mantra:: it will get better, it will get better, it will get better

Anyone have any advice? :)

Ok I am out of here! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!





No comments: