Saturday, February 2, 2008

Create.


cre·ate /kriˈeɪt/ - verb, -at·ed, -at·ing, adjective


1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to.

4. to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design.



As scrapbookers we are ALWAYS creating. I LOVE how OLW (One Little Word) has chosen this word as their word for the week. The word itself is inspiring to me!



Think of how many things you have created in your lifetime! I, myself, still sit and stare, amazed at my son and the fact that I had a part in creating him! I look at my layouts and feel content in the idea that I am creating something that my family will enjoy for years to come.



As Designing Diva's we create SO many things! Think of how many times an idea of yours has snowballed and caused others to create! The world is FILLED with creations that have come from other's ideas and those who have taken another's idea and tweaked it to create, yet ANOTHER "thing" for lack of a better word.


**Your topic this week is "Create". Take this word and make it your own.


**Your objective is actually two-part.




1. Create something and submit it to OLW using their word "Create" by February 8th. Everyone deserves to have their work looked at and to possibly create more ideas in others! Upload your "creation" and then link your image in your reply comment on their "Create" post.




2. I created the word "CREATE" yesterday out of my paper scraps and mod-podged them to wooden letters. (I did this in an effort to, not only fill a blank space on my scraproom wall, but to remind myself that the word is only the TIP of the iceberg in what I am capable of!) I have a list of all the manufacturers that I used for this project and the list is 27 deep! Reply to this post with the number of all that you can find and shoot me an email at mojostar710@hotmaill.com with your list of names. The person with the most correct will receive a RAK from me containing a lot of these manufacturers!


Ok I am off to clean my house, but before I go, let me leave you with two thoughts that will hopefully "create" some mojo for you....

“True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -George Bernard Shaw

No comments: